Notes On Outdoor Skiing——Quick Read Guide
Although skiing in winter is interesting and beneficial to the body, it has a relatively high risk in most sports. When skiing, you must follow the relevant skiing rules and understand some basic precautions. Prevent frostbite, body dehydration and other conditions during skiing.
To experience the fun of winter skiing, it is necessary to understand the most basic skiing skills and common sense in order to experience the fitness benefits of exercise at the same time. After all, skiing is a fashionable leisure sport but also a high-risk sport: every year, in the ski season, some small and large accidents result in light fractures and bleeding, serious disability, or even loss of life. The following are some considerations for outdoor skiing in winter: Let’s take a look at it
How to choose the right Base layer shirts
Skiing is a sport played in a cold environment and it is important to choose and use Base layer shirts. When a person is in motion, his or her body emits a lot of sweat, while when a person is in a state of stopping motion, the heat and sweat emission is much less. When choosing base layer shirts, it is best not to use cotton products, because cotton products are more absorbent. When the body is in motion, cotton products will absorb a lot of sweat discharged by the body, and when the body is at rest, cotton products on the sweat are difficult to evaporate in a short period of time, stick to the human skin and cold and damp cotton base layer shirts will take away the heat from the surface of the skin, so that people produce a cold feeling. So, at this time, they should be replaced in a timely manner with base layer shirts.
In addition, you can wear a nylon undershirt with mesh against your body, and then wear a stretch cotton undershirt outside, so that the sweat from your body will be absorbed through the nylon undershirt on the stretch undershirt and will not produce a cold feeling. If the economic conditions allow, you can choose a base layer shirt made of silicone material. Its inner layer has a one-way core absorption effect of chemical fiber material.It itself does not absorb water, the outer layer is cotton products,and can absorb sweat from cotton products. The effect is very good.
How to prevent frostbite
Frostbite lasts a long time in the low-temperature environment produced by the injury accident. Human frostbite mainly occurs in the hands, feet, ears and other parts, so you should choose to use a better insulation effect of cashmere products or chemical fiber products for the above parts of the insulation.
- Prepare enough warm clothes.
- Do not go out Skiing alone, no one knows after the accident, and no one rescues.
- Don’t slide outside the ski area boundary without permission, so you will not meet the staff of the ski area, and will not be rescued.
- Do not go out Skiing after drinking alcohol. Once drunk outside, it is very easy to frostbite.
- To wear bright clothing. Once there is an accident, it is also more convenient to find one.
- When you go out Skiing to tell your family or friends, what place you go Skiing, to a few people, what time back, so that when there is an accident, timely rescue.
How to protect your skin
Sunscreen can only be effective for a short period of time, so you should apply it to the exposed skin every once in a while (usually every 2 hours), and you must not stop applying it because of cloudy days because the ultraviolet rays are still very strong on cloudy days. If you feel that the cold wind is too irritating to your face during Skiing, you can choose a hood that only exposes your eyes plus fully enclosed ski goggles, which can completely cover your face and effectively prevent the cold wind from invading your face. It is recommended that you carry the above items with you.
Ski resorts in winter are usually cold and dry, and the skin loses a lot of water in this climatic condition. In addition, the relatively high speed cold wind formed during Skiing stimulates the skin and the strong ultraviolet rays on the snow surface cause skin burns. The main cause of skin damage. In order to prevent the loss of water and the burn of the skin by ultraviolet rays, you can choose some oily skin care products with the function of preventing the loss of water, and then apply water-resistant sunscreen with a better anti-ultraviolet effect on the skin.
Winter Skiing attire
In the ski resort, because the ski trails are often relatively long, you need to take a cable car up the mountain, needless to say, a cable car with a shed. If the cable car does not have a shed, it will be frozen. Besides, people in the cable car are still and windy, so they will feel colder. At this time, people should pay special attention to protecting their knees.
When descending, due to continuous movement, should not feel too cold, it is recommended that you wear less clothes, only in the joint parts thicken to protect a little. Even breathable jackets should be limited, because the amount of sweating will greatly increase when you are relatively still after exercise, and once the water cannot be discharged, it will condense inside the clothes. Dew will soon freeze into ice, and then there will be a risk of frostbite.
Skiing makes physical exertion relatively large, and perspiration increases, so wear clothes with extra attention. In general, wearing a base layer shirt + thin fleece (high collar, pullover, to ensure chest warmth) + ski jacket is enough.
Skiing Diet Guide
All mammals eat a lot in the winter, fattening up to store fat and resist the cold. For people who like to ski all day in the snow and ice, it is vital to eat in order to get enough calories. Because the body can generally only store about 1500-2000 calories, and Skiing outdoors will burn up at least 100 calories every 10 minutes. This also means that after two or three hours of Skiing, you’ll be through the roof because you’ve run out of calories. Getting enough carbohydrates is key, because from a nutritional standpoint, that’s the main source of calories. So what exactly should you eat before and after Skiing?
- Breakfast: toast bread slathered with peanut butter or jam, yogurt, or pancakes with eggs and fruit.
- Lunch: vegetables (preferably stewed) with pasta, or Turkish kebab with lettuce, tomatoes, etc..
- Dinner: grilled chicken (or grilled fish), with pasta and vegetable salad, or rice, vegetables and lean pork; if possible, a sweet snack after dinner, such as pumpkin pie rich in vitamins A and C; energy supplement: between meals now and then throwing some snacks into your mouth, is also a good way to replenish energy, like energy bars, peanut butter sandwich cookies, beef jerky, chocolate, walnuts, peanuts and other nuts are good choices . It is important to note that before exercise you can not eat too much, so as not to produce nausea, vomiting reaction to strenuous exercise.
- Drinks: winter cold and dry, the body needs more water than usual, you can drink some sports drinks or warm water. But remember not to drink, because alcohol will make the body surface blood vessels dilate, so that the body loses body temperature and heat.
Skiing is dangerous
When rushing down from the high part of the piste, skiers can even soar to about 80 to 90 kilometers per hour, no less than a high-speed car. If an accident occurs at such a speed, the consequences can be imagined.
Skiing is a sport that requires athletic fundamentals for participants, and the basics should be understood before formal Skiing. It is recommended that you have the conditions necessary to get to know ski boots and skis, try to walk on flat ground, and adapt to and understand this sports equipment. For beginners, the advance preparation may be slightly tedious, but it is a guarantee of safety.
Compared with soccer and basketball, which are the more popular sports, Skiing is inherently more dangerous. Because of the speed of travel, once there is a collision, the consequences are often more serious.
What beginners must know
- Warming up in advance with a scientific and reasonable warmup before Skiing can minimize the occurrence of acute injuries and chronic injuries. Through jogging, in situ high leg lift, in situ open and closed jump to let the blood circulation in the whole body accelerate up, so that the cardiovascular system and the nervous system are fully mobilized. Secondly, through dynamic stretching to let the muscles fully contract and relax, reduce the adhesion of muscle tissue so that the whole body of the muscle is not so easy to strain.
- Bring safety gear, and be sure to wear safety gear before Skiing, such as helmets, gloves, wrist guards, elbow pads, ankle pads, knee pads, etc. Do not carry sharp objects on your body, so as not to scratch and stab after a fall. The equipment of beginners also can not be taken lightly, helmets, knee pads, hip pads are indispensable, but also do not be stingy to buy poor quality protective gear, which may make the protection effect greatly reduced.
- Fall to the sides, Skiing before doing preparatory activities, otherwise the joint capsule, synovial membrane, ligaments and muscles do not go through any warm-up and immediately go into the emergency state, easy to lay the potential for injury. If you feel you are going to fall, you should quickly throw away your poles, wrap your arms around your chest, and fall to the sides with your hips.
- Keep distance, beginners at Skiing, pay attention to keeping a certain distance from others to avoid collisions. When there are more people who should regulate and control speed, do not be too fast and too hard, Skiing is not afraid of falling, fear of collision, so as a last resort to learn to fall down first.
- Do not blindly seek to fast, the first practice Skiing should pay attention to gradual progress, according to the ability to do so. It is recommended to ask a ski instructor for primary technical guidance, and in the absence of a certain level, do not go to remote places or go wilderness Skiing, in order to avoid accidents.
- If you are tired, you should take a moderate rest. Skiing is a very physical aerobic exercise, so you should arrange your time reasonably. If your physical strength reaches the limit, you should stop Skiing immediately and take a proper rest.
What you need to pay attention to when you take your child Skiing
To pay attention to the cold, take children out Skiing in winter, be sure to avoid frostbite, to bring a good hat, scarf, gloves, wear thicker clothes and cotton shoes, especially in cold weather, you can apply a little anti-freeze cream to the child.
To grasp the time, after all, Skiing is a very physical exercise. Children’s physical fitness can not play to the level of adults, therefore, generally each ski has to be controlled in two to four hours.
To personally accompany the child Skiing, parents must be accompanied by someone. It is best to have a parent responsible for receiving at the bottom of the slope, in the event of an accident,a good first time to deal with it. Parents accompanied by the child can also be timely to replenish energy and water, so that the child quickly recovers strength.
To be gradual, you can first let the child do some warm-up exercises. The snow field has some other young children’s sites. You can also let the child first try a little bit of other simple snow equipment, feel the speed, play a transitional role.
To do a good job of admonishing, to tell children, the snow field must pay attention to safety, not to leave the parents or coach without permission, to learn to control and avoid danger, not to do beyond their ability to do dangerous movements, to prevent collisions with others.
To combine work and rest, all activities or interest-based, children go Skiing, mainly to feel the joy. Therefore, children get tired of practice. You can go to do some snow games, relax, but also to relieve the tension.
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced skier, you must be well prepared and protected by wearing ski equipment before skiing.
What are the 5 fundamentals of Skiing?
- Direct pressure on the outside ski
- Edge angle control using tilt and angle
- Keeping the center of weight above the base of support
- Control ski rotation with leg rotation
- Regulate pressure from ski/snow interaction
What are the benefits of Skiing?
- Burning calories. Skiing and snowboarding are great cardiovascular exercises that can help us burn a lot of calories and lose weight.
- Strengthens lower body muscles.
- Improves flexibility.
- Build core muscles.
- Relaxes the mood.
Is Skiing relaxing?
Skiing improves your sleep
Relaxing in bed after a day on the slopes can exhaust your muscles, relax your mind and make you drowsy as soon as your head hits the pillow. Physical activity is one of the best ways to help you fall asleep at night, so the more physical activity you do, the better