The North Face was founded in the mid-1960s in San Francisco as a mountaineering retailer, and they didn’t start focusing on ski clothing until the 1980s
Meanwhile The North Face is one of the most famous outdoor clothing brands. They have a range of clothing for all outdoor scenarios, including snow. If you are looking for a ski jacket, The North Face has many great options to consider.
Which is the best North Face ski jacket
The North Face has several great jackets purpose-built for skiing. jackets like Clement, ThermoBall, and Chakal boast all the features you need when skiing.
What to pay attention to before you buy
It is best to be aware of the components of a good ski jacket before making a purchase. Skiers should keep an eye out for a number of features that can differentiate a great ski jacket from the typical outdoor jacket.
The breathability of the jacket is important to allow sweat to escape through the fabric of the jacket. No one wants to feel cold, wet, or sweaty in the mountains or outdoors.
Ventilated zippers help sweat evaporate from your body and keep you cool, although a good jacket has all the features of weather protection and insulation. These are usually located under the armpits. We humans are constantly sweating, regardless of the outside temperature, so a breathable moisture wicking layer is essential. It’s worth paying a little extra for a breathable ski jacket!
The most important part of a ski jacket is the ability to keep you dry. Waterproofing is the ability of a jacket to prevent water and snow from seeping inside the jacket. Also one of the most important features of a ski jacket is its waterproof outer layer. This will help you stay dry and warm even on snowy days!
Not all waterproof jackets are created equal, from waterproof to extremely waterproof. The higher your waterproof rating, the drier your jacket will be. For ski jackets, this is usually between 4,000 – 28,000 mm. To make ski jackets waterproof, manufacturers use durable water repellent coatings (DWR), tighter weaves, sealed seams and inner membranes.
The North Face uses a fabric called DryVent to keep their jackets dry and windproof, and DryVent also keeps them comfortable by maintaining breathability
Durability & Weight
Thicker jackets are warmer and more suitable for colder climates, while thinner jackets are less insulating and more suitable for milder places
The high quality weave and stronger material will make the ski jacket more durable.
The shell is divided into hard and soft shells, the shell can protect you in heavy rain and snow as well as windy times, allowing you to sweat to stay dry. Just like the shell protects the turtle
2 Layer vs. 3 Layer
In addition to the obvious differences in the layers, these fabrics provide different functions for the wearer. They expel and retain heat in different ways.
The 2-layer material has a water-resistant shell for durability. It has a membrane that helps you stay dry and protected from weather and sweat.
3-layer fabric offers the same fabric as 2-layer, but gives you extra moisture-wicking properties to increase your dryness and comfort.
Best North Face jackets
The following data is from Amazon
North Face Clement Triclimate
- ALL-MOUNTAIN JACKET. The Men’s Clement Triclimate Jacket has the features and flexibility to be a go-to in all conditions. This versatile jacket pairs a breathable, waterproof shell with an insulated zip-in liner jacket.
- 3-IN-1 SYSTEM. Customizable warmth for any adventure! Wear the shell and inner jacket for superior warmth and wet weather protection. Wear the inner jacket for cold dry days, or wear the shell jacket for warm, wet days.
- FACE THE WEATHER. Made with a DryVent shell and insulated with our 70% post-consumer recycled Heatseeker Eco insulation, this fully seam-sealed jacket is waterproof, breathable and warm so you can lock in warmth without overheating.
North Face Arrowood Triclimate
- 3-IN-1 SYSTEM. Customizable warmth for any adventure! Wear the shell and inner jacket for superior warmth and wet weather protection. Wear the inner jacket for cold dry days or wear the shell jacket for warm, wet days. Zip-in inner jacket sold separately.
- PREMIUM FABRIC. Made from 100% polyester with DryVent performance tech and coated with a Durable Water-Repellent (DWR) Finish, this waterproof, windproof and breathable jacket delivers cozy comfort for casual nights or adventure days.
- HYBRID FIT. Featuring a stylish yet comfortable slim fit inner jacket paired with a standard fit outer shell with ample mobility, you’ll experience freedom of movement through the shoulders and chest no matter where your adventures take you.
The North Face Men’s Chakal Insulated Hooded Jacket
- Primaloft Insulation Two chest pockets. Integrated, stretch-knit wrist gaiters Removable, fully adjustable, helmet-compatible hood Secure-zip wrist pocket with goggle wipe Standard fit
- Covered, secure-zip hand pockets Underarm vents Waterproof, breathable, seam-sealed DryVent 2L fabric helps keep you dry Powder skirt
The North Face Men’s Thermoball Eco Triclimate Insulated Jacket
- STANDARD FIT. This standard fit jacket features a comfortable silhouette for natural range of motion. Underarm vents allow for extra ventilation so you can keep moving without overheating. A 3-in-1 design features removable layers for versatile wear.
- HOODED COVERAGE. A fixed, helmet-compatible hood offers extra coverage over your gear so you can ski, snowboard and hit the slopes while staying warm. Powder skirt with gripper elastic helps keep snow out.
- SEALED STORAGE. A DryVent shell features sealed seams and waterproof zips. A zip chest pocket, zip hand pockets, internal goggles pocket, zip wrist pocket with goggles wipe and two snap hand pockets.
The North Face Men’s Venture 2 Waterproof Hooded Rain Jacket
- RAINY ADVENTURES. Constructed with a waterproof, breathable, and seam-sealed DryVent 2.5L fabric, the Venture 2 is a classic year-round rain jacket designed to withstand backcountry storms and is styled for everyday use.
- PREMIUM FABRIC. Made from 100% recycled materials with DryVent performance tech and coated with a Durable Water-Repellent (DWR) Finish, this waterproof, windproof and breathable jacket delivers cozy comfort for casual nights or adventure days.
- OUTDOOR VERSATILITY. Never Stop Exploring with thoughtful features that help you go further — this jacket creates a compact storage pouch by packing into its own hand pocket or keep your hands warm and items safe in those same secure-zip hand pockets.
How do I wash my Gore-Tex® jacket?
On a tag inside each The North Face garment are cleaning instructions. The tag is typically sewn into the seam at the waist of jackets.
It won’t harm your GORE-TEX® jacket to wash it. In fact, washing your jacket frequently will keep the DWR coating on the outside of the fabric intact, which prevents water from being absorbed and causes it to bead up and shed off.
Before washing your jacket, make sure to close all Velcro® fasteners and zip all zippers.
My Gore-Tex jacket by The North Face is leaking. What can I do?
GORE-TEX® garments are made of a nylon outer fabric that has been laminated to a GORE-TEX® membrane. This nylon outer fabric is treated at the mill with durable water repellency, called DWR. DWR is a substance like Tectron® or Scotchguard®, only it is much longer lasting. The GORE-TEX® membrane is what keeps raindrops out and allows body vapor to pass through. Once the DWR wears off, water will soak into the nylon layer of the jacket, but GORE-TEX® membrane will keep water from soaking all the way through to your skin.
The product must be thoroughly cleaned in accordance with the care label in order to revive the DWR. Before cleaning your GORE-TEX® jacket, be sure to zip up all zippers and secure all Velcro® closures. The exterior of the garment should then be touched up with a warm iron set to steam.
The DWR should be revived by this process. Treat your product with a coating of a DWR spray, such as Tectron® or Revivex®, for even better performance. Only when water stops beading up on the outside of the garment is this maintenance program necessary.
My shell jacket will not stay dry anymore. What can I do about it?
All of The North Face Outerwear shell fabrics are treated with a Durable Water Repellent finish (DWR). This finish helps the shell fabric resist wetting by causing the water to bead-up so it easily falls off before being absorbed into the fabric. Additionally, some of our performance fabrics have a waterproof back finish (such as GORE-TEX® fabrics and HydroSeal®) that prevents penetration of the water through the fabric. As a garment is worn and used over time, accumulation of soils from external sources as well as from your own body can lessen the performance of these finishes.
In order to revive the DWR, follow the cleaning instructions on a tag inside the garment. In most jackets, you will find the tag stitched in the seam at the waist. When cleaning your garment, attach all Velcro® closures and zip all zippers. It is recommended to put the product through two rinse cycles to ensure that there is no detergent residue. The entire outside of the garment can also be touched up with a warm iron on the steam setting after laundering to aid in restoring the DWR properties.
where can i buy a north face ski jacket
To avoid buying inferior products or counterfeit brands, it is recommended that you buy from retail stores or Amazon and The North Face official website
Arc’teryx Classic Replica Rush Jacket