Skiing is a popular winter sport among sports fans. Skiers must pay attention to how to prevent frostbite while enjoying the fun of snow sports; skiing-specific ski equipment can be helpful in this regard. The information that follows is about ski goggles; if ski goggles are of interest to you, keep reading.
Why Do You Need Snow Goggles?
Goggles are essential skiing accessories, snow goggles can protect the eyes from external influences and injuries. Snow goggles are a must to wear. Snow goggles, also known as goggles snow goggles, are used to protect the eyes when skiing, and are divided into ordinary snowboard double board sports snow goggles and snowmobile snow goggles. Because the sunlight is reflected very strongly on the snow, coupled with the cold wind on the slope, the eye stimulation is very large, so the need for snow goggles to protect the skier’s eyes.
1. Protect you from the sun
Glaciers in snow and high altitude areas reflect bright light and irritate our eyes. If we do not wear snow goggles for long periods of time in snow and ice areas, our eyes are very susceptible to “snow blindness” due to the strong reflection of UV rays from the snow and ice. UV protective lenses can weaken UV damage to the eyes by reflecting and absorbing UV rays in two ways, and most snow goggles have the function of weakening UV rays. High-quality mirror coatings prevent UV burns to the eyes and effectively filter light harmful to glasses while maintaining brightness and openness of vision.
2. Protects you from the wind
In the cold ski resort, not only the cold wind and from time to time your drifting snow, skiing special snow goggles, can well prevent the cold wind on the eye injury, while helping you to resist some drifting in the air of other elements. snow goggles use temperatures that can generally reach minus 30 degrees, the frame lens is not brittle crack.
3. Goggles improve your depth perception
When skiing without snow goggles, you may be deceived by your eyes, because on the slopes of ski resorts, there is basically only a blanket of white, and there is no other reference may lead to a reduction in your perception of the slope; and the cause of this is mainly low contrast, and the colored lenses of snow goggles can be very good to increase the contrast in the field of vision, so that the environment can be bumpy. Different colored lenses are also suitable for different weather, which may be more suitable for professional skiers.
snow goggles not only can perceive the depth, but can also reduce the snow into the glare. Usually, the snow reflects about eighty percent of the sun. If you squint for a long time to look directly,it easily leads to glasses fatigue, and squinting eyes skiing field of view is small, may lead to accidents when skiing; wearing snow goggles for skiing can easily see clearly, without squinting eyes skiing, so you ski more freely.
4. They protect your face from frostbite!
Frostbite can occur when the skin temperature is below -2 degrees Celsius. Especially when the outdoor temperature is below -25 degrees Celsius should draw special attention. If you don’t exercise much, you should be more careful because the chance of frostbite will be higher.
1) Do not wear too tight: warm and light ski clothing will allow you to fully warm at the same time, but also to enjoy the joy of sports. Do not wear too tight clothing and footwear in pursuit of the slimming effect, which will limit local blood circulation and easily lead to the occurrence of frostbite.
2) local warmth to do: remember to wear a hat and gloves to protect the ears, nose, hands and feet. These body parts are the most vulnerable to frostbite, must pay attention to insulation.
3) Keep the movement at all times: in the skiing process, even if you are tired of stopping to rest, try not to stay still for a long time, which will affect the local blood circulation, easy to unknowingly frostbite.
5. Protect Your Eyes
When you fall or have an accident, if you happen to have good luck falling on soft snow at a slower rate, this should be the best kind of situation; but if you are in the field, there may be branches and debris, your fall will be more dangerous, and the solid structure of ski goggles can protect your eyes well from the snow.
6. Do I need goggles for skiing or snowboarding?
I think the answer to the question of whether you need to wear ski goggles is inevitable, skiing wear ski goggles for their own protection, do not save money and do not wear ski goggles, ski goggles can be rented in stores are available; but do not wear ski goggles, may lead to the glasses suffer from verification or snow blindness, I think this is a result of all do not want.
Goggle Features that Make Them Worth Wearing
There are other benefits of using professional ski goggles for skiing.
1) Wide field of vision, due to the spherical design more ergonomic principles. The general thickness of 1.4MM, but the spherical mirror raised parts are easy to scratch to pay attention to prevent scratching the mirror. Columnar mirror thickness has 2 kinds, one is 1.4MM, one is 0.8MM, different thickness of the lens impact resistance is not the same. International requirements for the thickness of the lens of ski goggles should not be less than 1.27MM.
2) Greater field of vision, due to the prominence of the spherical surface, making the lens to the human eye space increased a lot, which will bring a number of benefits, space for ventilation holes in the air has enough space for circulation, which will lead to less fogging. The spherical surface allows the lens to be at a greater distance from the human eye, which also makes the vapor from the human eye not encounter the colder lens as quickly, providing an anti-fogging effect.
3) The spherical lens design is closer to the shape of the human eye, so that the line of sight is perpendicular to the lens regardless of the angle of rotation of the eye, reducing the possibility of parallax. The lenses are farther away from the human eye, so that they are less likely to hit the eye in case of accidental impact.
4) Of course, in terms of aesthetic effect, spherical lenses look cooler, the focusing effect of the prominent spherical lens makes the surrounding scenery concentrated on the lens, the lens effect of the scenery presented on the lens. So, of course, buy snow goggles primary recommended spherical lenses, but spherical lenses are generally on the expensive side.
5) ski goggles anti-fog function mainly on the inner lens, the inner lens material is cellulose acetate sheet (CP sheet), is a kind of resin, this sheet is more absorbent, after the anti-fog liquid treatment of the sheet can be in the water temperature of 75 degrees Celsius, the diameter of 6CM sink vent on 20 seconds without fogging.
How to maintain my ski goggle
Ski goggles are delicate equipment, if you want to use more years must be well used and maintenance. Try not to touch the mirror with your hands, and be careful not to let sharp objects scratch the mirror (be careful not to put it together with your cell phone, keys, etc. to avoid scratching the mirror), and always keep the mirror clean and stain-free. Observe the glasses before and after each use, if there is dust, use silk or glasses cloth to brush away. If there is a stain, use a professional camera wipe and gently draw circles around the stain until it is removed. If you must use a water-based detergent, be sure to use a neutral one. Don’t soak your glasses in water or take water to rinse them off, as this will dry slowly and make it easier to get dust or leave traces of impurities after the water evaporates.
A Note on Lens Color and Light
The color of the lens is made by adding color masterbatch or color powder during the injection molding, the color directly affects the transmittance of the lens, and the coating on the surface of the lens also affects the transmittance, because the main raw material of the coating is silicon dioxide and titanium dioxide, we all know that the main component of sand is silicon dioxide. The coating on the front surface of the lens has 2 roles, one is to make the color more brilliant and the other is to protect against UV rays.
According to the light transmission of the lenses we divide the lenses into five ranges S0 S1 S2 S3 S4, and according to the different weather conditions choose lenses with different light transmission. For example, you should choose S0 or S1 lenses for cloudy days or nights. When the sun is full, you should choose S2 and S3 snow goggles. High transmittance lenses can be used for all-weather skiing. Ski goggles should be easy to replace the lenses in turn to adapt to the needs of different light, magnets adsorption lenses are becoming fashionable, it is easier to replace the lenses with different light transmittance.
1)gray film belongs to the neutral color system, can balance the absorption of any color spectrum, although viewing the scene will become dark, but there will be no obvious color difference, can show the real natural feeling. It is suitable for outdoor people who like sightseeing and photography.
2)Blue-gray lenses are similar to gray lenses and are also neutral lenses, but they are slightly darker and have a higher absorption rate of visible light. If the light is particularly strong in outdoor places, you can consider wearing blue-gray eyes.
3)mercury lenses lens surface with high-density mirror coating. Such lenses absorb more reflected visible light, suitable for long time outdoor sports people.
4) teal lenses filter a lot of blue light, to a certain extent, can improve visual clarity and contrast. If the environment where the air pollution is serious or foggy, wearing teal outdoor glasses visual effect is better.
5)green lenses in addition to absorbing some of the light, can maximize the green light reaching the eyes, so there is a cool and comfortable feeling, suitable for eye fatigue easily donkeys use.
6)yellow lenses hardly reduce the visible light, but in the foggy and dusk moments, it can improve the contrast, provide a more accurate visual image, so is also known as night vision goggles by donkeys. There are also some young people wearing yellow lenses “sunglasses” for decorative use.
7) other mirror colors such as light blue, light pink, etc., its decorative more than practical
Do you need ski goggles for beginners
First time skiers who are just going to learn the basic skills and have not yet started skiing can choose to use sunglasses to protect themselves from prolonged UV exposure. But it is also best to go to choose a pair of ski goggles suitable for their own, the first time to buy or rent ski goggles is best to be able to apply a variety of different models in the store, to find a model that can make you feel most comfortable, to facilitate the next rental or purchase.
Can you wear sunglasses snowboarding
Skiing with sunglasses is also very possible, but perhaps it is not suitable for the more intense skiing grounds, sunglasses are more suitable for the usual leisure or walking on flat snow. It is still recommended to choose ski goggles, after all, it is specifically for skiing and born, it can be well applied to skiing is a variety of environments, and sunglasses do not have a more comprehensive function.
Can You Ski with Eyeglasses?
Skiers who wear glasses should choose OTG ski goggles (Over The Glasses) so that they can cover their nearsighted glasses and nearsighted people don’t have to worry about being afraid to go skiing because they can’t see. Of course, you may be thinking, I’m not able to use contact lenses? Contact lenses are very much not recommended, because your prolonged exercise may cause your glasses to be very dry, and may you if you use rental ski goggles may lead to infection, so it is recommended to wear myopic glasses using OTG ski goggles ski.
Although skiing is an exciting and relaxing sport, it is still a sport with a certain degree of danger, so be sure to pay attention to protect yourself, special ski clothing and ski equipments must have its significance, so you try to use professional equipment when you decide to ski.
Are ski goggles necessary for beginners?
Skiing without goggles is difficult (and painful), especially on snowy or windy days, but people often underestimate this. Goggles will obviously protect your eyes so you can see on the way down, but they should also help block out harmful UV rays without fogging up.
Can I snowboard if I wear glasses?
It may be necessary to think about it before you go on holiday to make sure you are comfortable and can see as you normally would, but skiing or snowboarding with glasses is certainly possible and there are special ski goggles suitable for wearing glasses are wearable.
Should I buy snowboarding goggles?
The cold wind can make your eyes water and blur your vision. When you fall from the snow again, ice particles can get into your eyes, and if you are in a wilderness environment there may also be branches or debris. Ski goggles and snowboarding goggles can help protect your eyes from these hazards on the mountain and make your outings more enjoyable.
Why do snowboarders wear glasses?
Clear visibility when snowboarding or skiing is important to prevent any accidents. Using specialized goggles can help you achieve this goal. For example, polarized or dark lenses are best for bright sunny days. They minimize reflected glare, so the wearer doesn’t have to squint to see clearly.
Are normal sunglasses OK for skiing?
Sunglasses are fine for good weather, but if you ski or snowboard fast, you may find that air currents can make your eyes water and seriously impair your vision. Sunglasses are also more likely to fall off and break if you fall. So if you want to do exciting skiing, the best option is still to have clothes your own ski goggles.